A BIT ABOUT US
GBatteries was founded six years ago to tackle one of the world’s most pressing issues: the transition to a cleaner future through electrification. We are pioneering battery technology which enables ultra-fast charging of Li-ion batteries without compromising battery life — and without changing the battery’s chemistry or manufacturing process. Ultimately, our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
We are working on some of the biggest challenges in energy storage, and are looking for the right people to join us as we develop our technology and continue to scale.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
As a Battery Test Technician in our R&D team, you'll be responsible for setting up, maintaining, and monitoring series of battery tests in the GBatteries testing facility. You’ll be addressing any test software generated alarms/notifications, detecting and addressing any noticeable or potentially upcoming issues with software/hardware used for currently running tests, and overlooking test lab channels inventory and coordinating test channel maintenance schedule.
You'll have the opportunity to be involved into battery test software configuration, test profiles setup and will be assisting our test profile development person, and collaborating with the test software and test hardware teams.
THE SKILL SET
· College degree in an electrical, engineering, or related field
· Experience in setting up, maintaining, and monitoring hardware tests according to test plans
· Experience in collecting test data and writing detailed test reports
· Practical laboratory experience
Nice to haves:
· General understanding of battery equipment calibration, maintenance, Device Under Test handling
· Exposure to techniques of battery characterization and battery test systems
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
· Understand overall battery test methods and strategy
· Get familiar with main features of our test platform
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
· Get pretty good idea of main types of Li-ion batteries and general knowledge of most popular battery chemistry types
· Manage some testing stream of our technology development
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
· Manage test runs for all main test streams of our technology
· Understand main specifics of Li-ion battery testing
· Come up with some suggestions for test software improvements/bug fixing
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
· Capable to understand test strategies and develop test stream plans
· Predict loading of test channels far in the future
· Be familiar with test management software
WHAT WE OFFER
We are working on many exciting projects towards our ultimate goal of breaking down the final barrier preventing the adoption of electric vehicles; range anxiety. We’re a growing company working with some of the largest manufacturers in the world, and there’s still a huge amount to do. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work from day one and have the opportunity to see the final effect on real world products. We encourage unconventional thinking and seek resilient problem solvers who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
Of course, we also offer other great benefits:
Inclusive parking, full dental and health coverage, a renovated and spacious office, and fridge and pantry filled with drinks and snacks. We’re conveniently located near the 417 highway with easy access via major public transit routes, right beside a small park and an assortment of shops and restaurants.
HOW TO APPLY
Is the idea of enabling the global mass adoption of electric vehicles exciting to you? We’d love to hear from you! To apply please include a short message addressed to Henry Rearden within the application below; no cover letter necessary. If you have any questions, or just want to say hello, feel free to reach out to Vlad Belov on LinkedIn.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. If your unique experience is close to what we’re looking for, please still consider applying.