GBatteries is looking for a HW Test Automation Engineer experienced in development of automated hardware test solutions using Python and QT Designer. You will be working in a team of engineers and scientists to develop a custom battery test platform for an adaptive battery management system. Tasks will include development, management and optimization of test systems, methods and processes.
- Develop test programs for instrument controls and interface with unit under test.
- Represent Test Engineering at Design Reviews and product discussions, including those with external customers
- Troubleshoot Test Engineering hardware/software with various standard equipment (meters, scopes, analyzers) to resolve operational issues and/or optimize equipment performance
- Provide project leadership and technical guidance to more junior personnel
- Perform a supervisory role for specific functional groups
- Assist in the preparation of Test Engineering operating, equipment and capital equipment budgets
- Actively contribute to long range strategic technology plans for Test Engineering
- Initiate, lead and/or implements process improvements within cross-functional team
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, C#, etc.)
- Experience developing GUI in QT Designer
- Experience using source code management tools (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Good at troubleshooting and debugging hardware/software issues
- Experience working on Linux/UNIX, Windows, and Mac
- Proficient with command line tools
- Experience with instrumentation, measurement and PC integration is an asset
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in systems or electrical engineering
- 5+ years experience of Hardware Test Automation
Compensation and Perks
- Work on the most important problems in the field with a team who will challenge and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for substantial equity
- Great health benefits including full dental coverage
- Flexible vacation time
- Well-stocked fridge filled with drinks and snacks
The electrification revolution is moving full speed ahead. Electrical vehicles are on a path to replace conventional cars; electronic consumer devices, from smartphones to wireless headphones are flooding the market. The need for these devices to charge faster, and use longer lasting batteries has never been higher, and GBatteries is at the forefront of providing the solution with ActiveBMS - a technology which enables existing li-ion batteries to charge extremely fast and retain long life. We are a young, Ottawa based company with Silicon Valley roots, composed of a team of multi-disciplinary inventors and leaders that live to solve problems that truly matter.
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and any other information you think would be useful.