Junior Software Engineer
GBatteries is looking for a Software Engineer to work as part of a team responsible for testing a wide range of battery technologies and the integration of multiple designed-in-house test platforms. Tasks will include development and management of test systems and their results.
- Development of test automation framework software using Python and C/C++.
- Test content development, planning, and execution of test cases.
- Work closely and actively interact with hardware development team and scientists.
- Provide test results to cross functional teams.
- Experience in test content development, execution and debugging.
- Python and C/C++ programming in Windows and Linux design environments.
- Familiar with multi-treading concept and network programming (Telnet, SNMP).
- MySQL database development and support, including in cloud setup and management.
- Experience working with SVN and / or GIT
- Good at troubleshooting and debugging hardware/software issues
- Baseline knowledge of SPI, I2C and UART interfaces.
- Knowledge of software product cycle
- Embedded systems programming is a plus.
Desired personal qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated and quick learning
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Sense of humor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years of industry experience
Compensation and Perks
- Work on the most important problems in the field with a team who will challenge and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for substantial equity
- Great health benefits including full dental coverage
- Flexible vacation time
- Well-stocked fridge filled with drinks and snacks
The electrification revolution is moving full speed ahead. Electrical vehicles are on a path to replace conventional cars; electronic consumer devices, from smartphones to wireless headphones are flooding the market. The need for these devices to charge faster, and use longer lasting batteries has never been higher, and GBatteries is at the forefront of providing the solution with ActiveBMS - a technology which enables existing li-ion batteries to charge extremely fast and retain long life. We are a young, Ottawa based company with Silicon Valley roots, composed of a team of multi-disciplinary inventors and leaders that live to solve problems that truly matter.
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and any other information you think would be useful.