GBatteries is looking for an advanced level electrochemical scientist with
extensive experience in Li ion batteries. It is a 5-month contract
position with a potential to being converted into full time. You will be
working with a small team to develop a custom battery test platform for an
entirely new battery management system. Tasks will include creating new concepts
and providing solutions to highly complex technical problems in the field of battery material science.
- Develop, implement, and oversee new methods for battery management and charging
- Investigate chemical aspects of the degradation mechanisms in Li ion batteries
- Predict how materials will perform
- Collect and analyze test data
- Mentor junior scientists and colleagues
- Assist in development of IP strategy for battery management systems and evaluation of the IP landscape in critical application areas.
- Interact with customers to understand needs and help to translate these to product opportunities.
- Work in cross-functional team consisting of marketing, sales and engineering to advance projects.
- Deep knowledge of electrochemistry and lithium ion battery technology, preferably with industrial experience in battery and/or material development for lithium ion battery systems.
- Broad knowledge of material science and physical chemistry, with solid understanding of electrical properties of materials.
- Experience with product development, patent filing, and intellectual property analysis.
- Highly developed research and analysis techniques. Ability to apply statistical analysis to make sound conclusions. Well-developed technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to formulate and present ideas in a convincing and persuasive manner to both technical and non-technical audiences; give technical advice.
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
- Minimum 2-3+ years relevant industrial experience in product/applications development in lithium ion battery or energy storage technology.
Compensation and Perks
- Work on the most important problems in the field with a team who will challenge and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for substantial equity
- Great health benefits including full dental coverage
- Flexible vacation time
- Well-stocked fridge filled with drinks and snacks
The electrification revolution is moving full speed ahead. Electrical vehicles are on a path to replace conventional cars; electronic consumer devices, from smartphones to wireless headphones are flooding the market. The need for these devices to charge faster, and use longer lasting batteries has never been higher, and GBatteries is at the forefront of providing the solution with ActiveBMS - a technology which enables existing li-ion batteries to charge extremely fast and retain long life. We are a young, Ottawa based company with Silicon Valley roots, composed of a team of multi-disciplinary inventors and leaders that live to solve problems that truly matter.
Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and any other information you think would be useful.