The Business Administrator is responsible for making sure that the day to day functions of our company are working efficiently. This person will be responsibly for assisting in multiple areas of the company including Business, Finance, Recruiting, HR, and Legal. In this role, you are expected to solve problems and execute objectives under minimal supervision.
As part of our team, you will:
- Review of incoming paperwork and agreements to ensure they are in line with corporate policies.
- Establish, implement and maintain company best practices to ensure effectiveness of the organization.
- Help to develop, refine, and maintain employee materials (handbooks, resources, etc).
- Keep the recruiting pipeline organized and assist candidates through the process.
- Maintain general company ledgers and prepare financial statements, and communicate business status to company management.
- Ensure projects are within budget and keep track of general expenditures.
- Support the preparation of reports and documentation for projects.
- Directly communicate business status and activities to upper management.
- Support with business trip preparation and activities.
- Support with fundraising activities.
- Support general office administrative activities.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Management, Finance, Economics, Marketing or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a HR, office, or operations manager at a small to mid-tier company.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and tools (ie. Quickbooks).
- High, almost maniacal, attention to detail .
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees from all facets of the company.
- Basic knowledge of government programs such as IRAP, SR&ED, etc
Desired personal qualities:
- Intellectual breadth
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Sense of humor
- Work some of the most important problems facing the planet with a team who will challenge and support you.
- Great health benefits including health and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation time and working hours
- Well-stocked fridge filled with drinks and snacks
- Get to work easily: our office is located next to a major bus route, and just minutes from the highway
The electrification revolution is moving full speed ahead. Electrical vehicles are on a path to replace conventional cars; electronic consumer devices, from smartphones to wireless headphones are flooding the market. The need for these devices to charge faster, and use longer lasting batteries has never been higher, and GBatteries is at the forefront of providing the solution with ActiveBMS - a technology which enables existing li-ion batteries to charge extremely fast and retain long life. We are a young, Ottawa based company with Silicon Valley roots, composed of a team of multi-disciplinary inventors and leaders that live to solve problems that truly matter.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. if your unique experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and any other information you think would be useful.